Friday, April 18, 2008

Odd Question

Last night someone asked me, "how do you get the kind of faith that heals". I honestly had no answer for this question. I believe that God heals if it is his will. I don't believe that if you are not healed of sickness that it means that your faith was weak. I think we can't understand the true extent our life has on the lives of those around us. I also believe we are responsible for a lot of our own problems, including health. I am overweight and it causes various health issues in my life. I believe I can be healed, but I don't think God is going to make me skinny and fit overnight with no effort on my part. Just like any good parent, he wants me to learn.

When it became apparent that my Daddy was going to lose his battle with cancer, he was asked about his faith. His answer was one of wisdom and personal responsibility. He answered, "I have lived for God 5 years, I lived for myself 72. I don't figure God owes me".

Bottom line for me. I don't believe God is obliged to heal or explain his reasoning. He's God. I believe that good or bad, we reap what we sow, and I believe we owe God, not the other way around.

No comments: