Tuesday, April 1, 2008

First Post

So here I am, doing something I thought I would never do. Of course, I also never thought I would be married three times, weigh 194 pounds, or begin a conversation with the sentence, "I regret the night at Waffle House". Go figure.

About me. I am 40. I used to dream of having a "40 and Fabulous" birthday party. Since "40 and Flabby" didn't have the same ring, I skipped the party. I have a sarcastic 3 year old, a bluegrass musician husband, 3 dogs (one of which is Dooley, my Black Dog), and 2 cats. And last, but not least, MOM. When I have time I will tell you more about her. She is a book all by herself.

I am, by the grace of Almighty God, Southern. I love the South and everything about it. I have no desire to ever live anywhere else. Nobody has to explain things to me here-I get it. I am a Southern Baptist, Conservative, Republican (however, I am starting to rethink the Republican part). I work full-time as a commercial property manager. I enjoy reading and cooking. Being a Mom and wife are the things I enjoy the most.



This will be my place to vent and tell stories. Also a place where family in other parts of the country can keep up with me and mine.

5 comments:

Goddess of the River said...

You are in deliberation over your Republican status? Although I applaud you, I suspect that somewhere in the universe, a planet has collided with another...

hootie hound said...

So doesn't everyone get stuck on the roof for half a day, step out onta a small cliff just as the earth gives way or wonder unauthorized onto an army base post 911. Besides how dull would your life be without me. And by the way, your outward beauty is exceeded only by inter being. You are not forty and flabby, you are forty and fantisic. And you are my most favorite person in the whole wide world. Guess who love you the mostist Baby.

hootie hound said...

onta really is a word. It's Southern for on ta. Bet you thought I couldn't spell.

Anonymous said...

My first time ever even seeing a blog, but I sure enjoyed reading. You ought to think seriously about writing for a living. You always have had a way with words.

You are so right about God we owe HIM everything since HE paid it all. I love you! Cousin Wanda from Ga.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl I got so excited about my first blogging that I forgot to say how beautiful the pictures are. She has grown so much it is hard to believe.